Cloud computing security, or more commonly known as cloud security refers to the broad set of technologies, policies, and applications that are used to protect company data, applications services and infrastructure associated with cloud computing.
It is a subdomain of computer security, network security, and more importantly, information security. Cloud security helps protect any data stored online via cloud computing platforms from data breaches like theft, leakage, and deletion.
Some of the methods of providing cloud security include firewalls, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, tokenization, virtual private networks (VPN), and avoiding public network connections.
As more and more companies move their data and information to the cloud, the question of cloud security becomes increasingly prominent. Cloud security provides various levels of control in network infrastructure to provide protection and continuity.
Any company can avail cloud security services by partnering with a company that provides cloud computing solutions. Here are some of the main benefits of cloud computing security.
- Protection against DDoS: There is a rise in distributed denial of service attacks. Cloud security solutions focus on measures to stop large amounts of traffic that are aimed at a company’s cloud servers. This includes monitoring, absorbing, and dispersing DDoS attacks to minimize risk.
- Security of data: With data breaches on the rise, there are security protocols in place within cloud security solutions to protect sensitive data and transactions. This prevents a third party from tampering with the data.
- Ransomware Protection: Appropriate cybersecurity policy implementation can help to prevent from ransomware attacks.
- Regulatory compliance: Companies in regulatory industries are helped by cloud security services in managing and maintaining infrastructure for compliance in personal and professional data.
- High availability and support: Constant support is provided to companies to protect their assets. This includes support 24 hours a day, seven days a week all year round.
Availability, reliability, and security are some of the key features that make cloud computing security so important and a need of the hour for any company that wishes to conduct business in the global marketplace. Advanced cybersecurity solutions are extremely important especially now that most businesses have taken all their data online. This is why every business today should invest in cloud computing security solutions.