The remote patient monitoring system is a type of telehealth service that is delivered remotely. In remote patient monitoring, digital technologies are used to collect the health data of a patient from one location and transferred it to healthcare providers at their locations. This helps healthcare providers to give the right assessments and recommendations. In this, the patient’s health data is collected remotely through wearable devices or through online portals. This data is then analyzed by healthcare providers to give consultation to their patients.
At times doing a physical examination of every patient becomes very difficult for healthcare workers who are already overworked. The remote patient monitoring system is the solution for that issue.
There are multiple benefits of remote patient monitoring (RPM), especially for clinicians. Some of these benefits include easier access to patient data, provide a better quality of healthcare services, lower risk of burnout amongst healthcare workers, lower costs and better efficiency.
Both patients and healthcare providers can get benefited by using remote patient monitoring systems.
- Better management of chronic conditions: Many chronic conditions are manageable and preventable. RPM can manage a patient’s health by keeping track of things like blood glucose levels.
- Better quality: The choices made by patients have a large impact on their health. RPM makes sure that the doctors are more aware of what the patient is doing on a regular basis. Along with improving the access that patients have to healthcare, RPM also increases the quality of care. This is because healthcare workers have access to all the relevant information about their patients. This makes the daily routines much smoother, easing the workers from burnout.
- Patient accountability: Since the patients are aware that someone is watching them, they are more careful about their activities. The data about their health is transmitted to healthcare workers. This can increase patient accountability since healthcare providers would be alerted about any changes like a spike in blood sugar levels.
- Reduced burden on the healthcare system: Since all the data is collected remotely via RPM, healthcare workers can analyze and assess the data and inform the patient if they need to make an appointment for a personal visit. RPM can also improve the overall health of patients, thereby keeping them away from the ER or hospital.
- Better outcomes for patients: RPM can observe the minor changes taking place in the patients’ health to guide them about the necessary precautions to be taken by them. This has a large impact on their chronic health conditions. Apart from this, patients are also guided on stress management and sleeping habits to improve overall health.
6. Increased education amongst patients: Health providers must send some feedback after analyzing the patients’ data that they receive. This makes them more aware of their own health conditions and the risks associated with it.
If you would like to learn more details about remote patient monitoring, please go through the website triumhealthcare.com